DOL releases updatedposter: Must you use the new version?
The U.S. Department of Labor just issued a new version of the FMLA poster that covered employers are required to hang in their workplaces. You can download the poster here.
The big question: If you already have an FMLA poster in your workplace, must you display this new version? No, you don't have to use this new version as long as you're currently displaying a poster that includes the same information (which was most recently updated in 2013, as noted below).
This new 2016 update contains basically the same information as the 2013 poster, but the new poster is organized in a more reader-friendly format. It also adds more color to the poster and now highlights the DOL’s contact information to file a complaint. However, the DOL stated, “The February 2013 version of the FMLA poster is still good and can be used to fulfill the posting requirement.”
At...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Having a casual FMLA and sick leave policy can lead to formal charges
- Make sure handbook spells out how leave works as a reasonable accommodation
- 4 FMLA strategy tips: How to certify intermittent leave
- A good reference for a good worker, even though we fired him?