Q. I’m under the impression that our company is obligated to give employees all vacation accrued up to the time of their, but we’re not obligated to let employees accrue vacation leave during their leave. Am I right?
A. You are not obligated to allow employees on FMLA leave to continue accruing vacation leave, as long as you don’t allow employees out on other types of absences or leaves to accrue vacation leave.
If employees can accrue vacation time while on other types of leaves, then employees on FMLA leave must be treated the same.
- In unemployment comp cases, alcoholism no defense to misconduct discharge
- USERRA: Know your duty to returning disabled reservists
- Is FMLA leave optional when employee has adequate sick leave to cover her absence?
- An honest mistake won't sink you
- Remind employees to closely read the forms and policies they sign