Q. I’m under the impression that our company is obligated to give employees all vacation accrued up to the time of their, but we’re not obligated to let employees accrue vacation leave during their leave. Am I right?
A. You are not obligated to allow employees on FMLA leave to continue accruing vacation leave, as long as you don’t allow employees out on other types of absences or leaves to accrue vacation leave.
If employees can accrue vacation time while on other types of leaves, then employees on FMLA leave must be treated the same.
- Workers' comp benefits restrict some FMLA options
- FMLA leave for military families: What you need to know about new rules and poster
- New religious discrimination legislation expands NJLAD
- ADA, Ohio disability-Discrimination laws don't cut off other state claims
- Temporary illnesses and injuries aren't disabilities