Q. I’m under the impression that our company is obligated to give employees all vacation accrued up to the time of their, but we’re not obligated to let employees accrue vacation leave during their leave. Am I right?
A. You are not obligated to allow employees on FMLA leave to continue accruing vacation leave, as long as you don’t allow employees out on other types of absences or leaves to accrue vacation leave.
If employees can accrue vacation time while on other types of leaves, then employees on FMLA leave must be treated the same.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Late FMLA notice: When must you cut slack?
- 'My boss is stressing me out!' That's not a disability requiring accommodation
- Suspect domestic violence? What to do
- Suspect relative's illness is used to game FMLA? If true, you're free to discipline or terminate