Working from home may not be the norm at many companies, but almost every employee these days is “homing from work.” A new survey says 93% of us take time out of the workday to handle personal business.
Web content provider Captivate found that almost 70% of employees use work computers to conduct personal business, such as online banking, shopping, vacation planning—and searching for a new job.
Almost half of those surveyed said they sometimes leave work during the day to run errands, such as going to the bank, shipping packages and picking up dry cleaning.
- Tiny tech budget? Try mobile comp and benefits apps
- Feel free to discipline or fire if it's warranted -- regardless of employee's FMLA status
- OK to suspend employee who has been arrested if alleged violation would compromise safety
- Senior public employees may get hearing before firing
- Cheap eats help 1-800-Contacts recruit through employee referrals