Working from home may not be the norm at many companies, but almost every employee these days is “homing from work.” A new survey says 93% of us take time out of the workday to handle personal business.
Web content provider Captivate found that almost 70% of employees use work computers to conduct personal business, such as online banking, shopping, vacation planning—and searching for a new job.
Almost half of those surveyed said they sometimes leave work during the day to run errands, such as going to the bank, shipping packages and picking up dry cleaning.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Consider alternatives to your formal annual review process
- Does Minnesota's smoking ban law include employees' use of 'e-cigarettes'?
- Inject more oversight, responsibility into flex schedules
- Selling benefits: 7 ways to repackage your perks