Working from home may not be the norm at many companies, but almost every employee these days is “homing from work.” A new survey says 93% of us take time out of the workday to handle personal business.
Web content provider Captivate found that almost 70% of employees use work computers to conduct personal business, such as online banking, shopping, vacation planning—and searching for a new job.
Almost half of those surveyed said they sometimes leave work during the day to run errands, such as going to the bank, shipping packages and picking up dry cleaning.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Supreme Court hears arguments: Are employees' personal text messages private?
- Must we allow former employees access to personnel files?
- 4 ways to stop the negative self-talk
- Google it! 7 hiring and retention tips from Silicon Valley's best