Working from home may not be the norm at many companies, but almost every employee these days is “homing from work.” A new survey says 93% of us take time out of the workday to handle personal business.
Web content provider Captivate found that almost 70% of employees use work computers to conduct personal business, such as online banking, shopping, vacation planning—and searching for a new job.
Almost half of those surveyed said they sometimes leave work during the day to run errands, such as going to the bank, shipping packages and picking up dry cleaning.
- Employee quit? Record of conversation can save you if he files for unemployment
- The 'iPod generation' soaks up employee training via podcasts
- Webinar Wisdom: HR and Injury Management - 'I've Fallen and I Won't Get Up!'
- Guard against punishing FLSA whistle-blowers
- We're in for nasty weather: When must you pay?