Question: Does anyone utilize other terminology for what’s commonly called a “probationary period?” I am concerned that this terminology could jeopardize our at-will status. No matter what you call it, what other issues should I consider as we formalize how we treat employees during the first 90 days on the job? -- P.R. Ohio
- HR's role when employee says 'life isn't worth living'
- What should I have done after inappropriate interview question?
- How can we muzzle the office gossip?
- When employee says leaving was a mistake, would it be a mistake to rehire him?
- How should I handle it when HR is just one of my ‘other duties as assigned’?