Question: Does anyone utilize other terminology for what’s commonly called a “probationary period?” I am concerned that this terminology could jeopardize our at-will status. No matter what you call it, what other issues should I consider as we formalize how we treat employees during the first 90 days on the job? -- P.R. Ohio
- What strategies are you using to keep employees engaged and motivated during these tough times?
- What are the pitfalls of raising employee contributions to health insurance?
- What are your HR New Year's resolutions?
- What's the weirdest thing an applicant has done to land a job?
- What should I do about HR staffer who’s discussing pay?