Question: Does anyone utilize other terminology for what’s commonly called a “probationary period?” I am concerned that this terminology could jeopardize our at-will status. No matter what you call it, what other issues should I consider as we formalize how we treat employees during the first 90 days on the job? -- P.R. Ohio
- What are some guidelines for using summer interns?
- How should I structure a new comp time policy?
- What can we do about a MySpace insult that started on an employee's page and wound up on ours?
- How should HR respond to concerns about a co-worker's health?
- Would defining ‘sick’ help reduce sick leave abuse?