Question: Does anyone utilize other terminology for what’s commonly called a “probationary period?” I am concerned that this terminology could jeopardize our at-will status. No matter what you call it, what other issues should I consider as we formalize how we treat employees during the first 90 days on the job? -- P.R. Ohio
- Should I do anything about a spouse’s concerns about our employee’s fidelity?
- How can we cut down on employees' smoke breaks?
- What can we do to stop employees from stealing office supplies?
- How do you deal with an employee who demands a bonus in these times?
- How can we rein in our religious receptionist?