Confidence is key to becoming a leader. Joel Garfinkle shares five ways you can build up your confidence:
- Take the leap. Quit doubting your abilities and take a risk or two in your career.
- Realize what your strengths are and use them. You’ll be more confident when you play to your strengths, which helps with things you aren’t strong in later.
- Watch your body language. Realize when your body language is negative or positive, as well as the body language of your audience.
- Take credit when complimented. Just thank people.
- You don’t have to be perfect. Confidence is about continuing to try and try new things, even if you aren’t perfect.
— Adapted from “The one trait successful leaders share,” Joel Garfinkle, SmartBlogs.