Q. An employee who is unable to work has been out onfor the past few weeks. Our holiday party is coming up next week. Should I allow her to attend if she wants to?
A. Make decisions such as this one on a case-by-case basis. It may very well depend upon the reasons for which the employee is out on FMLA. While out on leave, the employee still is entitled to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment. Therefore, if she is physically able to do so, the employee should be permitted to attend the holiday party.
- Warn managers: Even isolated comments about age can trigger an ADEA lawsuit
- Employees who agree to arbitration lose federal option in FMLA, NJLAD cases
- Pregnancy & maternity leave: A legal guide and sample policy
- Treat FMLA policy changes with care, communication
- Are you prepared to follow the new FMLA regulations?