Q. An employee who is unable to work has been out onfor the past few weeks. Our holiday party is coming up next week. Should I allow her to attend if she wants to?
A. Make decisions such as this one on a case-by-case basis. It may very well depend upon the reasons for which the employee is out on FMLA. While out on leave, the employee still is entitled to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment. Therefore, if she is physically able to do so, the employee should be permitted to attend the holiday party.
- EAP hotline calls may trigger ADA, FMLA awareness
- When it comes to firing offenses, be sure you can show you treated everyone equally
- Altering time sheets can mean personal liability for managers
- Know the FMLA rules: You must allow intermittent leave before women give birth
- Put teeth in your arbitration agreements! Make sure employees acknowledge them