Q. An employee who is unable to work has been out onfor the past few weeks. Our holiday party is coming up next week. Should I allow her to attend if she wants to?
A. Make decisions such as this one on a case-by-case basis. It may very well depend upon the reasons for which the employee is out on FMLA. While out on leave, the employee still is entitled to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment. Therefore, if she is physically able to do so, the employee should be permitted to attend the holiday party.
- Employee requests new intermittent leave plan? You can request new certification
- Can we request doctor (not nurse) sign FMLA form?
- When essential duties are at issue, OK to base medical exam on FMLA certification
- Employee wants FMLA leave: Can we contact her health care provider?
- Employee out on military leave: Must we pay him?