Q. An employee who is unable to work has been out onfor the past few weeks. Our holiday party is coming up next week. Should I allow her to attend if she wants to?
A. Make decisions such as this one on a case-by-case basis. It may very well depend upon the reasons for which the employee is out on FMLA. While out on leave, the employee still is entitled to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment. Therefore, if she is physically able to do so, the employee should be permitted to attend the holiday party.
- Demand fitness exam when performance slips
- 'Willful' violation can extend employees' time to file FMLA suit
- Sick-leave 'buyback' compensation should count toward overtime tally
- How to conduct a 30-minute employee handbook audit
- After military leave, does employee get across-the-board raise instituted while he was gone?