Next time you find yourself in a standoff, exert influence and come to an amicable solution with these five tips from Bob Burg, author of Adversaries Into Allies.
- Keep your cool. Instead of giving knee-jerk reactions, assess the situation and respond rationally.
- Be aware of others’ beliefs. Influence comes when you accept these differences.
- Understand ego. There’s a me-first mentality inside of everyone.
- Create an influential space. Creating space for communication and cooperation enables you to sidestep adversarial encounters. Smile, apologize or focus on solutions.
- Communicate carefully. Use tact and empathy and show them you understood their needs.
— Adapted from “Five Ways to Turn Adversaries into Allies,” Dan Rockwell, Freak.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/37622/how-to-turn-a-foe-into-a-friend "