1. How many hours does the Fair Labor Standards Act () consider “full-time” employment?
c. Employers determine “full time” status, not the FLSA
2. A California company recently lost a $1 million overtime lawsuit due to unusually long lines in which employees waited at:
a. The time clock
b. The entrance to the parking lot
c. The HR department’s door
3. Since March, employers have been required to post an updated poster that explains employees rights under what law?
a. National Labor Relations Act
b. Fair Labor Standards Act
4. By Dec. 1, 2013, OSHA says certain covered employers must train their employees on:
a. New texting-while-driving employer guidelines
b. New chemical labeling rules
c. New electrical wiring regulations
5. Romantic relationships between co-workers can trigger legal issues. What percentage of U.S. employees say they’ve been involved with a co-worker romantically?
6. A recent Wall Street Journal story says recruiters and applicants are increasingly using what service to post and seek jobs?
Sources: 1. Department of Labor; 2. The HR Specialist; 3. TheHRSpecialist.com/FMLAposter; 4. OSHA.gov/dsg/hazcom; 5. Glassdoor.com survey; 6. The Wall Street Journal.
Answers: 1. c 2. a 3. c 4. b 5. b 6. a
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/35308/the-hr-iq-test-may-13 "