Abbott Laboratories’ strategy for recruiting and retaining employees reaches beyond touting its health, retirement and work/life benefits. The Abbott Park, Ill., pharmaceutical company gives equal play to its employees’ cutting-edge research.
In fact, the company’s culture values invention, creativity and collaboration, according to Dr. John Leonard, senior VP of pharmaceuticals, research and development. He says that helps top scientists build their careers while conducting innovative work.
Abbott retains scientists by offering them opportunities to lead and grow in their careers through training, mentoring, networking groups and development programs. In addition, internal recognition efforts, including chairman’s awards, president’s awards and patent/inventor awards, highlight scientific excellence and contributions by employees.
Contact: Angela Duff of Abbott, (847) 938-6894.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Must we allow employee to review everything in her personnel file?
- Applicant suing for failure-to-hire? Make sure she really did apply for the job
- Writing job descriptions: legal do's and don'ts
- Comp & benefits outlook 2010: Perks stuck in neutral