Abbott Laboratories’ strategy for recruiting and retaining employees reaches beyond touting its health, retirement and work/life benefits. The Abbott Park, Ill., pharmaceutical company gives equal play to its employees’ cutting-edge research.
In fact, the company’s culture values invention, creativity and collaboration, according to Dr. John Leonard, senior VP of pharmaceuticals, research and development. He says that helps top scientists build their careers while conducting innovative work.
Abbott retains scientists by offering them opportunities to lead and grow in their careers through training, mentoring, networking groups and development programs. In addition, internal recognition efforts, including chairman’s awards, president’s awards and patent/inventor awards, highlight scientific excellence and contributions by employees.
Contact: Angela Duff of Abbott, (847) 938-6894.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Downsized Work Force, Supersized Liability: The Legal Risks of Layoffs
- Leave shameful history in the past: Warn bosses against any reference to nooses
- Consulting firm's 'Full circle' program lets new moms put careers on hold for 5 years
- Can we compel a former employee to update LinkedIn to show she no longer works here?