The HR I.Q. Test: August ’18
1. In 2003, the average job opening sat unfilled for 19.3 days. What is that figure today?
a. 18.1 days
b. 25.2 days
c. 31.1 days
2. In a bureaucratic streamlining effort, the Trump administration proposed this summer to merge the U.S. Department of Labor with:
a. The Department of Justice
b. The EEOC
c. The Department of Education
3. With unemployment at historic lows, the hiring of what segment is on the rise in 2018?
b. 14- and 15-year-olds
4. A new survey says what type of professionals are the most discreet users of social media (the most hesitant about posting personal information)?
a. IT professionals
b. HR professionals
5. For the first time since 2000, the number of job openings in the United States is higher than the number of…
a. Unemployed people
b. People planning to quit this year
c. Federal workers
Sources: 1. DHI Hiring Indicators 2. WhiteHouse.gov 3. SHRM survey 4. Igloo Software survey 5. U.S. Department of Labor
Answers: 1. c 2. c 3. a 4. b 5. a