Inspiring leader ... Quiet problem solver ... Compassionate mentor.
Different employees crave different things from their managers.
For example, some employees want a hands-on boss who stops by with a "How are things going?” every couple of hours. Others don't care to see their boss but once a year at the.
Unless you're a mind reader, it's impossible to know exactly what your staff wants from you.
But a survey of 500 U.S. employees—published in the book What People Want, by Terry Bacon—reveals what matters most to workers.
9 things they crave
- Honesty. 90% say they want honesty and integrity from their manager. Lies and secrets are the biggest killers to credibility.
- Fairness. 89% want their manager to be fair and to hold all employees accountable to the same standards.
- Trust. More than 86% want to trust—and be trusted by—their manager.
- Respect. 84% want to respect—and be respected by—their manager.
- Depend...(register to read more)