Can an employer that has fewer than 50 employees within 75 miles of the company’s work site willingly agree to provide its employees with and benefits? That situation recently occurred in Reaux v. Infohealth Corp.
In Reaux, a federal court in Illinois court recently ruled that employers that are not otherwise required to provide FMLA leave could wind up subjecting themselves to the FMLA by promising such leave.
By the book
Infohealth Management Corp. was not obligated to provide FMLA leave to its employees because it did not satisfy the 50/75 rule.
However, Infohealth’s , which employees received at the time of hire, contained a provision explaining that all empl...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Advantage for tough times: Creating a company that cares
- Supreme Corporation takes $427,000 hit for discrimination
- Why your wellness program probably isn't working
- Unions: Brace for renewed organizing in wake of union rift