When it comes to discrimination law, courts view “religion” very broadly, meaning you may need to approve some pretty unusual requests. Last week, a Tennessee man quit his job after seeing that his W-2 form was labeled with the number 666 ("the number of the beast"). Here's how to best identify and handle requests for religious accommodations ...
- In Their Own Words: 12 Key Quotes From This Week's SHRM Conference
- 8 'Tough-Love' Truths for the Business World
- Why Employees Sue: 6 Lessons from the Ultimate Insider
- Top 10 Quotes from the SHRM Conference ... and a Bonus Quote from Jerry Seinfeld
- The Summer HR Quiz: 10 Questions on Work & the Workforce