Take the Admin Survivor Challenge!
Do you think you’ve acquired enough wisdom to make it through all 10 of these questions without a single slipup?
1. Which of these is NOT the title of a classic bestselling book on improving your career?
a. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
b. What Color is Your Parachute?
c. Goodnight, Moon
d. The Power of Positive Thinking
e. Résumés That Knock ’em Dead
2. Which is the biggest number?
a. The number of people attacked by sharks in America each year
b. The number of pieces of copier paper the average office worker uses each year
c. The number of football games played in the NFL each year
d. The number of years that have passed since the signing of the Declaration of Independence
3. According to a CareerBuilder survey, 37% of employees have dated a co-worker. How often did it lead to the officemates actually getting married?
4. The Confidence Center suggests using a simple four-word phrase to stop a workplace disagreement respectfully. What is it?
a. “That’s not my job.”
b. “Your way’s always best.”
c. “You might be right.”
d. “Let’s have some pizza!”
5. Which one of these is NOT a feature or function in Excel?
6. Which of these sentences is NOT grammatically correct?
a. We hope fewer people will call out sick next year.
b. This new app complements our product.
c. We’ll discuss this further tomorrow.
d. Between you and I, I really hate this new filing system.
e. We will soon reach the end of the quiz.
7. What is the law that might obligate your employer to grant you an accommodation if you were to come down with a serious case of carpal tunnel syndrome that made it difficult to perform your job?
8. Research published in the Journal of Experimental Psychology suggested having ______ in workspaces contributes to happiness.
a. Cable TV
b. A chicken
c. A large supply of Post-It notes
d. Live foliage
9. The result of a study in Psychological Science suggested that the best time to ask your boss for a raise is:
a. An hour before you go on vacation
b. Early in the day, toward the end of the week
c. Christmas Day
d. Immediately after a co-worker is turned down for a raise
10. All but one of the words below should be capitalized because they’re actually proper nouns. Which one is fine as is?
Answers: 1) c 2) b 3) c 4) c 5) d 6) d 7) c 8) d 9) b 10) e