What exactly is ‘leadership energy’?
1. Democratic leadership is the best way to create breakthrough success.
2. Followership = leadership.
3. A position of authority = leadership.
4. Leaders are born, not made.
5. Leadership can be learned through case studies, role plays and competency models.
Peshawaria urges us to remember the following:
- Leadership is the art of harnessing human energy toward the creation of a better future.
- Leadership energy is the main ingredient of powerful leadership, and it emanates from deep clarity of values and a values-based purpose.
- Most people go through life without clarity of values and purpose, and are therefore devoid of leadership energy.
- Strong leadership energy can only be discovered through reflection based on emotional integrity, which is the courage to acknowledge what one really wants for oneself without using a societal lens.
- Leadership energy forms the basis of practicing the five keys of positive autocratic leadership.
—Adapted from Open Source Leadership: Reinventing Management When There Is No More Business as Usual, McGraw-Hill Education.