The U.S. Department of Labor last month released the Employee’s Guide to the, a 16-page booklet describing employee rights and duties under the law. It uses plain English and flowcharts to explain who can use FMLA, when they can use it and how medical certification works.
Use the document as an internal training tool for employees (or HR staff). Access the guide here.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Must we reassign disabled worker to a new job?
- Getting along without employee on FMLA leave? Go ahead and terminate
- Need to contact employee out on FMLA leave? Be sure to document reason for the call
- FMLA may require reinstatement, even with work restrictions