You may not need a license to practice HR or, but earning an HR certification tells your employer (and potential employers) that you know your stuff.
Various organizations offer an alphabet soup of certifications. But is certification even necessary for your career path? If it is, which certification is right for you? Do your homework: The most common certifications may not be your best career choice.
Choosing the right certification
The Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI), part of the Society for Human Resource(SHRM), offers the most popular HR certifications.
HRCI confers the well-known Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) certifications, which require HR experience and understanding of general HR principles.
PHR and SPHR certifications are for those with varied HR experience...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Team-building ideas: Rx for coaching your team to greatness
- 5 holiday harmony tips for overstressed workers
- Age difference of six years or less destroys employee's age-bias claim.
- From number cruncher to leader