In addition to giving job-specific tests, the best way to tell if applicants carry the skills to perform specific tasks is to ask very direct questions about how they’ve used each skill in the past. Here are some sample questions hiring managers can use to spot whether these 10 important “soft” skills are present:
1. Give me an example of a time you did more than was required in your job.
2. What have you done to make your job easier or more rewarding?
3. Describe a situation where you found you had a serious problem. What did you do to solve it?
4. What do you do differently than other people in your occupation?
5. Tell me about an idea you generated. How did it work out?
6. What was the toughest decision you made recently? Why?
7. Describe a work-related problem you had to face recently. What procedures did you use to deal with it?
8. Describe when you had to ...(register to read more)