A judgmental leader:
- Makes every final decision.
- Dictates the mission to others.
- Amasses power for his or her personal use.
- Corrects people who say or do things that seem off base or unacceptable.
- Takes credit for his/her group’s accomplishments.
A judicious leader:
- Lets people devise their own solutions and contributes ideas as the process moves ahead.
- Develops a mission through a process of shared discussion and discovery.
- Allows others to accrue power so they can grow.
- Assumes that people have valid reasons for what they do and tries to understand what they say or do from their viewpoints.
- Recognizes the accomplishments of others.