Maybe you already speak “FMLA-ese” and have a general understanding of last year’s changes to the FMLA regulations. But don’t stop there – your employee’s lawyer won’t! Our new advanced FMLA training will teach you how to:
- Master FMLA paperwork like a pro
- Confidently handle any FMLA question employees throw at you
- Thwart those employees who try to “game” the FMLA system.
This session is for moderate-to-experienced HR professionals and benefits administrators who are responsible for reviewing and/or making determinations about FMLA leave requests.
Rather than a review of the law’s basics, this session dives right into the complex (and legally dangerous) FMLA issues you face each day.
The new regulations are a good-news/bad-news story: They open a whole new area of potential risks and legal hoops to jump through. But they also hand you some additional tools to protect your company and fight back against FMLA-gamers in your organization. This session explores both.
Our promise: By the end of this webinar, you will feel much more comfortable applying the revised and expanded FMLA in your workplace.
Specifically, you’ll learn:
- How to manage the practical FMLA issues, not just the legal ones. You’ll learn not just what the FMLA says, but what it means.
- How to leverage the employer protections in the law so you’ll never feel taken advantage of again.
- Important new FMLA court decisions. The FMLA is a moving target. Court decisions constantly reshape your compliance requirements.
- FMLA FAQs. What’s the difference between “medical” leave and “family” leave? Does workers’ comp leave count against FMLA leave? When is it legal to fire employees on FMLA leave? Does “a single 12-month period” differ from a year? Learn the answers to these and other frequently asked questions.
- Real-world scenarios. Matt will explain compliance issues using real-world situations that you face daily.
This comprehensive session focuses not only on the new requirements of the FMLA, but how those requirements work with the law that’s been an administrative nightmare for more than 16 years. You’ll learn how to administer and apply the FMLA in the face of regulatory updates, statutory changes and new court rulings.
I look forward to welcoming you to this important event.
Editorial Director, HR Specialist
P.S. Our first 50 registrants will receive Matthew Effland’s FMLA Compliance Guide. This top-selling report updates you on 10 key changes in the new law, and provides step-by-step guidelines on hundreds of real-world situations. It's a $29.95 value, yours free – if you act now.
P.P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If FMLA in the Trenches: Advanced Tips & Tactics to Protect Your Company fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.