Never had to worry about unions before? You do now – because change is on its way. President Obama promised top labor officials that EFCA will become the law of the land. How will that impact YOU?
EFCA is being called “the most sweeping pro-union legislation in 50 years.” Experts predict that a version will indeed pass, making it much harder to resist a union campaign. Look for contentious debate on EFCA to begin in Congress next month. And EFCA is just one of several landmark labor bills that may forever change the face of your workplace.
The actions you take now – not in six months – will make the difference between staying union-free and answering to Local 123.
Employers, business owners and HR professionals must prepare NOW for these radical changes. And to help, HR SPECIALIST is proud to present Beyond EFCA: Preparing for the New Era of Union Organizing.
In this special 75-minute interactive webinar, a true labor and employment expert will teach you:
- How vulnerable YOUR organization is to union campaigns
- Big Labor’s newest organizing tactics – and how to counteract them (without violating the NLRA
- What Obama and the Democratic Congress have promised the unions – and how they plan to follow through
- The current status of EFCA (in plain English!), and where it’s likely to end up
- What other pro-union bills you MUST be prepared for (RESPECT Act, Patriot Employers Act, etc.)
- The 10 early warning signs of union activity in your workplace
- The mistakes your managers are making RIGHT NOW that practically invite a union to step in
- Practical changes to your current HR practices to make employees not even think about wanting a union.
Praise for speaker David Rittof
David Rittof spoke on the New Era of Union Organizing at our recent LEAP 2009 conference. Here’s what our attendees – your colleagues – had to say:
The tide is already turning. Union membership in the United States grew in 2008 by nearly half a million workers – the largest jump since 1983. And now unions have friends in the White House, Congress and the Labor Department.
- “Very informative!! Come to my place and train my management!”
- “This was great – very insightful information. Very scary situations we are in.”
- “Very relevant and informative. Unlike some seminars, there was a lot of practical information and examples that reinforced the material.”
- “Ritoff is great!”
- “Superb handling of a front-page issue. Very thought-provoking.”
- “I have seen many presentations on unions and have never felt that they applied to me in a nonunion environment. Very well done on making this matter to me.”
- “Educational, even though I’m in an industry that traditionally was not unionized. It appears that we may be otherwise with changing times.”
The pending proposals don’t just make organizing infinitely easier. They also establish strict new pro-union deadlines for bargaining, mediation and arbitration (with contract terms imposed by a third party). And they significantly increase the penalties assessed on employers – and expand the NLRB’s enforcement power.
Passively waiting on EFCA isn’t the answer. Employers must begin now to change their strategies and responses to this great new risk.
Join us Aug. 27 to find out how to keep unions at bay … while complying with the latest rules AND keeping your employees happy. Register for Beyond EFCA: Preparing for the New Era of Union Organizing TODAY!
Editorial Director, HR Specialist
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If you decide that Beyond EFCA isn’t all we’ve promised and more, we will refund 100% of your tuition. No questions asked – and both your FREE gifts will be yours to keep.