A Florida employee who was fired for saying “Merry Christmas” when answering the phone instead of the approved “Happy holidays” has filed a religious discrimination lawsuit against her former employer.
Tonia Thomas claims her boss at Counts Oaks Resort Properties in Lynn Haven fired her for not reciting the approved phone script. She said her religion didn’t allow her to recognize other religions.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Act fast to stop any workplace incident that smacks of racism or racial harassment
- Reacting to an Office Affair? Don't Forget the 'Fair' Part
- Use 'fresh-start' policy to cut retaliation risk
- New Year, new laws covering veteran hiring, whistle-blowing