A Florida employee who was fired for saying “Merry Christmas” when answering the phone instead of the approved “Happy holidays” has filed a religious discrimination lawsuit against her former employer.
Tonia Thomas claims her boss at Counts Oaks Resort Properties in Lynn Haven fired her for not reciting the approved phone script. She said her religion didn’t allow her to recognize other religions.
- DOL's blueberry farm investigation bears fruit
- At L.I. strip club, was it discrimination or accommodation?
- NLRB adds another wrinkle to arbitration agreement law
- Part-time after childbirth? Careful how you figure pay
- Certain you had a good reason for firing? Don't agonize over decision--or fear a bias suit