A Florida employee who was fired for saying “Merry Christmas” when answering the phone instead of the approved “Happy holidays” has filed a religious discrimination lawsuit against her former employer.
Tonia Thomas claims her boss at Counts Oaks Resort Properties in Lynn Haven fired her for not reciting the approved phone script. She said her religion didn’t allow her to recognize other religions.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- A good smartphone policy covers 'textual harassment' and more
- Remember, 'persons' can report FEHA violations--even if they're partners in the business
- Leave-Of-Absence accommodation and the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination
- Mandatory sick leave legislation introduced; HR groups fire back