A Florida employee who was fired for saying “Merry Christmas” when answering the phone instead of the approved “Happy holidays” has filed a religious discrimination lawsuit against her former employer.
Tonia Thomas claims her boss at Counts Oaks Resort Properties in Lynn Haven fired her for not reciting the approved phone script. She said her religion didn’t allow her to recognize other religions.
- Goodyear to pay $4.4 million in Seattle sexual harassment case
- Blind sided by an employee's inglorious Internet activity
- Better late than never? No! These tips help tackle tardiness
- Man who refused to join in harassment of women has his own sexual harassment claim
- N.C. firm posts 178% ROI by putting benefits online