A Florida employee who was fired for saying “Merry Christmas” when answering the phone instead of the approved “Happy holidays” has filed a religious discrimination lawsuit against her former employer.
Tonia Thomas claims her boss at Counts Oaks Resort Properties in Lynn Haven fired her for not reciting the approved phone script. She said her religion didn’t allow her to recognize other religions.
- Should we forbid supervisors from becoming their subordinates' friend on Facebook?
- HR certification rules to get tougher, starting in 2011
- Double duty: Regulating moonlighting and following the law
- Buffalo company faces bias, retaliation lawsuit
- Tell it to HR: Your hair's too big and I don't like your aura