A Florida employee who was fired for saying “Merry Christmas” when answering the phone instead of the approved “Happy holidays” has filed a religious discrimination lawsuit against her former employer.
Tonia Thomas claims her boss at Counts Oaks Resort Properties in Lynn Haven fired her for not reciting the approved phone script. She said her religion didn’t allow her to recognize other religions.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- You can survive a harassment lawsuit! Help your cause by acting fast
- New York loosens limits on payroll deductions
- Know when to fold 'em: Sometimes, settling lawsuit is wisest move
- Coincidental timing alone does not make a retaliation claim