Named Nevada Business Person of the Year in 2003, Moreo has worked with a range of assistants over the years, from her time as the first female executive at one of South Africa’s most prestigious corporations to founding her own performance-improvement consulting firm: Turning Point International in Las Vegas.
When it comes to a boss and his or her assistant, Moreo told those attending the Administrative Professionals Conference here in October, “One plus one equals one: One team of business partners.”
Here’s Moreo’s eight-step formula for becoming a partner with your boss:
- Praise the good points of your boss’s behavior. “Behavior rewarded is behavior repeated,” Moreo reminded attendees.
- Voice support for the boss’s goals to others as well as to him or her.
- Volunteer to take on some of the boss’s routine jobs so he or she can focus on more important tasks. “But don’t take on so much that you’re overwhelmed,” says Moreo.
- Stay alert for ideas that will save time or money or improve the workplace.
- Offer to be a sounding board for the boss’s ideas or to help solve problems.
- Help break in new employees.
- Offer (tactfully) to help with tasks for which your abilities are better than the boss’s.
- Let the boss and others know that you’re proud and feel fortunate to be working with him or her.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6429/8-ways-to-partner-with-your-boss "