- Talk about the disagreement and agree on the real issue.
- Ask why the issue is a problem, and why you need to resolve it.
- Devise several solutions that could resolve the issue.
- Choose the best solution to the problem, but be willing to compromise.
- Agree what you each need to do to solve the conflict.
- Bring closure by shaking hands, repeating your individual commitments and saying “thanks.”
- Follow through on your commitments.
Get weekly updates on breaking news and business advice to help you advance your career! The week's top stories and resources will be sent right to your inbox. Choose the topics you're interested in:
We value your Privacy.