Employees of the upscale Four Seasons hotel chain can stay there free and eat for half price.
“Other hotel companies offer discounted rooms, but there’s nobody else who offers a free room,” says Paul Urian, senior director of HR for the Philadelphia Four Seasons.
After six months on the job, any staff member can stay at any Four Seasons hotel or resort for three nights a year. Each year after that, the freebie gradually increases, up to 10 free nights.
Comped employees get a 50% discount on food during their stay.
Employees book standard rooms, and they usually get upgraded upon arrival. They also are treated as well as regular guests at the hotel chain, which is well-known for its first-class service.
The benefit costs a few thousand dollars a year per employee, and Urian says it’s worth it. “The person just feels special that they have the opportunity to stay in a hotel that they normally couldn’t afford to stay at,” Urian says.
Contact: Paul Urian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Increase your value by helping to spot rising managers
- Power up your networking efforts with a 5-point LinkedIn strategy
- 10 Tips for Women With an Itch to Lead
- Borderline harassment worry? Take it seriously before it escalates into a lawsuit