Molson Coors Brewing Co. has announced plans to outsource technology work to Hewlett-Packard Co., resulting in job cuts of about 4% of its global work force, or 390 jobs.
The cuts will be in HR, information technology and finance in all three operating divisions: Coors Brewing Co. in Golden, Coors Brewers Ltd. in England and Molson Inc. in Toronto.
Molson Coors spokeswoman Kabira Hatland said the cuts are part of an effort to save $250 million over three years. The work will go to Hewlett-Packard employees in Canada, Costa Rica, India, Puerto Rico and Poland.
Note: HR functions are increasingly part of the trend to outsource work.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Simplify Employee Self-Reviews: A 3-Question Template
- Biggest Investigation Error: Skipping the Follow-Up Phase
- The high cost of your employees' illicit affairs
- Lessons from SHRM: Plaintiff's lawyer reveals trade secrets HR pros need to know