Florida employers were required to have smoke-free workplaces since the mid-1980s, but the state recently amended the Florida Clean Indoor Air Act to comply with the Florida Health Initiative. The law prohibits smoking in an “enclosed indoor workplace” with the exception of ...
- You can land in trouble for trying to stop harassment
- Good documentation wins cases--even sensitive ones
- Keep health data private: 'HIPAA time' nears for small firms
- Could nonexempts' use of smartphones cause wage-and-hour liability?
- Feel free to let the punishment fit the 'crime' when disciplining for off-duty conduct