Strategist and coach Zoë B offers five ways to boost your.
- Wait your turn to talk. Talking over people sends the message you don’t care about what they’re saying.
- Let others finish their own sentences. Research shows it makes people feel powerless because you’ve taken control of the conversation.
- Paraphrase what you’ve heard before you give your two cents. This shows the other person you’ve heard her and understand. Also, if you’ve misunderstood, it gives her a chance to clarify before the misunderstanding leads to bigger problems.
- Be an active listener. Engage and respond throughout the conversation.
- Keep good eye contact. It shows the other person you’re interested in what he’s saying.
— Adapted from “5 Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills,” Zoë B, Lifehack.com.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/34539/how-to-be-a-better-listener "