Every office has a go-to guy or gal who people count on to deliver in any situation. While that person may appear to work more, she also gains considerable advantages, including respect, a broad network, great recommendations and plenty of leverage. It’s possible to become the go-to if you try, says Kelly Gurnett, assistant editor of Brazen Life.
- Be adaptable and agreeable. Take problems in stride and do what’s asked with a smile.
- Keep calm and carry on. Don’t lose your cool when things go wrong, just keep working to accomplish the task at hand.
- Remain consistent. Strive to be the rock everyone can count on in any circumstance.
- Do more than what’s expected. Turn in your work early, come up with a better way to do things, make the coffee—anything to show you’re a strong member of the team.
- Stay in learning mode. Don’t stop learning and soak up information outside of your purview. Also keep bringing new people and their ideas into your network.
— Adapted from “How to Become the Go-To Guy (or Gal) in Your Office,” Kelly Gurnett, Brazen Careerist.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/34237/5-steps-to-becoming-that-go-to-person "