The iPad can be a great tool for getting things done at work, especially if you move from place to place and operate on the go all day, Jill Duffy writes in PC Magazine. Here are the essentials.
• An app to create, open and edit office files. Microsoft doesn’t make an iPad version of its Office suite of productivity software, but Apple’s iWork suite will let you work on all of your Microsoft files. Other options include Quickoffice Pro HD and SmartOffice.
• An app to access files you need on multiple devices. Citrix GoToMyPC gives you full remote control over another computer from your iPad. Dropbox and SugarSync provide space in the cloud to store your documents for easy access from any device.
• A note-taking app. Evernote lets you take notes in a variety of forms —photo, audio and plain type—and has amazing search capability. That company also owns Penultimate, which is good for writing, doodling and sketching notes. Note Taker HD allows for more enhanced note-taking and even lets you mark up PDFs.
• An app to manage your files. Bento 4 is good for making databases and keeping your life organized. If you use FileMaker Pro for work, you’ll need FileMaker Go on your iPad.
• Apps for specialized tasks. Power.ME HD helps manage projects and business tasks and comes complete with workflow-and document-sharing capabilities.
• A case, keyboard and stand in one. ClamCase protects your iPad, has a built-in QWERTY keyboard and holds your iPad upright like a computer screen.
• A stylus. This will be a big help if you want to take notes by hand or draw pictures. The Pogo Sketch Pro works with the Penultimate app.
— Adapted from “Get Organized: Productivity on the iPad,” Jill Duffy, PC Magazine.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/33111/pump-up-productivity-with-your-ipad "