The U.S. Department of Labor last month released the Employee’s Guide to the, a 16-page booklet describing employee rights and duties under the law. It uses plain English and flowcharts to explain who can use FMLA, when they can use it and how medical certification works.
Use the document as an internal training tool for employees (or HR staff). Access the guide here.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- OK to call employee who is on FMLA leave--just keep the conversation short and sweet
- Negative comments about FMLA use? Call your lawyer because you will be sued
- Act quickly to bring back injured employees
- No unemployment comp for job lost due to absenteeism