The U.S. Department of Labor last month released the Employee’s Guide to the, a 16-page booklet describing employee rights and duties under the law. It uses plain English and flowcharts to explain who can use FMLA, when they can use it and how medical certification works.
Use the document as an internal training tool for employees (or HR staff). Access the guide here.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employment law 101: Beware firing immediately after employee returns from FMLA leave
- FMLA changes are here — and even more are on the way
- Attempted suicide: Grounds for dismissal or proof of disability?
- Ask on-Leave employees to tell you when they'll return