The U.S. Department of Labor last month released the Employee’s Guide to the, a 16-page booklet describing employee rights and duties under the law. It uses plain English and flowcharts to explain who can use FMLA, when they can use it and how medical certification works.
Use the document as an internal training tool for employees (or HR staff). Access the guide here.
- Employment law 101: Beware firing immediately after employee returns from FMLA leave
- FMLA leave for military families: What you need to know about new rules and poster
- What managers need to know about the FMLA
- Minutes—not just hours—count when figuring FMLA eligibility
- Working for a sloppily run business