The U.S. Department of Labor last month released the Employee’s Guide to the, a 16-page booklet describing employee rights and duties under the law. It uses plain English and flowcharts to explain who can use FMLA, when they can use it and how medical certification works.
Use the document as an internal training tool for employees (or HR staff). Access the guide here.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Feel free to set generous FMLA notice terms, but rely on the law if you wind up in court
- Do colds and the flu qualify for FMLA leave?
- Your 'so-so' employee is on leave; can you keep his replacement?
- Fewer employers offering flextime schedules