The U.S. Department of Labor last month released the Employee’s Guide to the, a 16-page booklet describing employee rights and duties under the law. It uses plain English and flowcharts to explain who can use FMLA, when they can use it and how medical certification works.
Use the document as an internal training tool for employees (or HR staff). Access the guide here.
- Is intermittent leave for childbirth OK? Only if you agree
- Suspect employee plays fast and loose with FMLA leave? Check medical certification
- Stress leave: How much must you accommodate?
- Good news: Supreme Court eases path from N.C. to federal court
- Be prepared to prove you had reasonable cause to deny reinstatement after FMLA leave