The U.S. Department of Labor last month released the Employee’s Guide to the, a 16-page booklet describing employee rights and duties under the law. It uses plain English and flowcharts to explain who can use FMLA, when they can use it and how medical certification works.
Use the document as an internal training tool for employees (or HR staff). Access the guide here.
- Must small employers grant FMLA leave when an employee adopts a child?
- Discovered shoddy work during FMLA leave? You're within your rights to terminate
- How should our attendance policy address absences and lateness covered by the FMLA?
- Know the FMLA rules: You must allow intermittent leave before women give birth
- Local Ordinances in California