Sound the alarm for your company if it does not already have a plan in place for dealing with a disaster. Prepare your people, your facilities, your policies and procedures, and your data and resources now for potential crises that could occur later.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) supplies extensive information for preparing your business for a disaster via its Ready.gov site and the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Here are some of the highlights.
Establish a planning team
The...(register to read more)
- On applications, arrests off limits; convictions fair game—With limits
- RIF or no RIF: 8 alternatives to consider before laying off staff
- Make sure two representatives are present during termination meetings
- Selling flex to management? Focus on benefits beyond HR
- Senior public employees may get hearing before firing