Sound the alarm for your company if it does not already have a plan in place for dealing with a disaster. Prepare your people, your facilities, your policies and procedures, and your data and resources now for potential crises that could occur later.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) supplies extensive information for preparing your business for a disaster via its Ready.gov site and the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Here are some of the highlights.
Establish a planning team
The...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 8 guidelines for recognizing and rewarding employees
- Worried about reining in religious tension? Don't ban all discussion of faith
- Head off problem employees' retaliation suits: Document all decision-making as it happens
- Phone privacy: It's your property