Morgantown-based Morgan Truck Body has been cited for 24 safety and health violations at a factory in Georgia. The citations result from OSHA’s Site-Specific Targeting Program, which scrutinizes industries with high occupational illness and injury rates.
Morgan faces a $30,000 fine for a repeat violation of failing to provide screens to protect welders and co-workers in adjacent areas. The company was been cited for similar infractions at its Ephrata plant in 2007.
The inspection also uncovered 17 serious violations, including blocked exits, poor hazardous chemical training and inadequate procedures for ensuring that equipment doesn’t accidentally start running while workers are maintaining it.
Fines for the serious violations totaled $63,000.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 2 big cases reinforce: Beware adverse action against employees who report wrongdoing
- Ugly operating room incident leads to distress trial
- Cincinnati union leader faces jail time, fines for fraud
- ADEA: Prevent fastest growing, most expensive type of bias