The Sheetz gas-and-grocery retail chain is building a new health and wellness center at its distribution facility in Claysburg, Pa., for employees and their families.
Scheduled to open in the fall of 2012, the center will include fitness equipment and a quarter-mile exercise track. Also on offer: health assessments, lifestyle coaching and disease-services.
The 2,200-square-foot health-and-fitness center will be part of a larger LEED-certified, 10,000-square-foot facility that also includes a conference center.
Bill Young, director of compensation, benefits and risk management, calls the center part of the firm’s “Shwellness” program.
“Like many companies across the country, we recognize that having healthier employees helps us manage our health care costs, improves our productivity and sets Sheetz apart as a great place to work,” he says.
By combining a fitness center with health and wellness services, Young says, the firm can work with employees to lower their risk for heart disease and diabetes.
Contact: Monica Jones of Sheetz, (814) 941-5183.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Philly airport Legal Sea Foods wraps up odd pay policy
- Beware too much control over contractor! You could be liable for unemployment comp
- Federal minimum wage goes up—and so should your new posters
- You don't have to pay foreign workers' visa fees or transportation costs