Georgia’s labor code contains no overtime exemption for commission-paid employees, but the federal Fair Labor Standards Act does. Georgia employers largely follow the federal law because it's more stringent than state law. So employees who are paid on a commission basis are exempt from overtime laws, right?...
- 'Back to school' may mean employees need time off
- 'Hello, Liability?' The new trend of telephone testing
- 'Aiding and abetting' discrimination can include giving false reasons for discharge
- How much are you worth in today's troubled economy?
- Don't pile on reasons for firing; you're spoiling for retaliation fight in court