The National Organization on Disability (NOD) has cited nine companies for making the hiring of employees with disabilities a corporate priority.
The “Fine Nine” include:
- Sam’s Club, one of the first companies to fund the NOD’s “Bridges to Business” program.
- J.B. Hunt, the trucking company that was the first employer to join the consortium and enlist the NOD to assist with policy review, personnel training and connections to disability placement agencies for 50 new positions.
- Tyson Foods, for training recruiting managers and looking to implement at best practices on a national level.
- Lowe’s, which has a long-time commitment to hiring people with disabilities and builds awareness of the company’s job opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Aetna, one of several New Jersey employers seeking to build a pipeline of candidates with disabilities.
- Sodexo, also of New Jersey, which has identified 15 sites across the state to recruit candidates with disabilities.
- ADP, which developed a process for identifying and recruiting qualified job candidates with disabilities.
- Saint Barnabus Health Care System, which made a commitment to actively recruit and hire people with disabilities.
- Toys R Us, for launching a disability employment effort in two of its distribution centers.
Contact: Meg O’Connell of the National Organization on Disability, (704) 525-5576.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/28333/disability-group-honors-9-firms-for-leadership "