The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
Purpose: “All employees have the right to work in an environment free from physical violence, threats and intimidation. The Company’s position is that violence is a form of serious misconduct that undermines the integrity of the employment relationship. No employee should be subject to unsolicited and physical violence, threats or intimidation. Such behavior may result in disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
Policy: “The Company has a strong commitment to its employees to provide a safe, healthy and secure work environment. The Company also expects its employees to maintain a high level of productivity and efficiency. The presence of weapons and the occurrence of violence in the workplace during working hours or otherwise are in...(register to read more)
- Lawful Off-Duty Activities Statute requires caution before discharge
- ACA: Employers, nondiscrimination rules and the Cadillac tax
- Know when to worry about discrimination--and when court will rule 'no harm, no foul'
- North Carolina SBI plans probe of Scotland County Sheriff
- Raleigh KFC agrees to settle EEOC harassment lawsuit