Although the managerial mistakes that have created HR headaches and triggered employee lawsuits are countless, here are the most common managerial moves at the heart of employers’ legal woes:
- policies and procedures
- the Act.
Take a look at our top 6 list, and the action advice and policy tips you can use to rein in managers and keep your company out of court.
Terminating without tact
Termination is an area ripe for potential legal liability. One reason why so many employees file complaints (and so many juries hand down large dollar awards): perceived unfair treatment. Although there is no way to prevent all post-termination litigation, you can certainly reduce the risk by training managers on how to terminate with tact and sensitivity.
While callous treatment during the termination process doesn't n...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Feds shift target of immigration enforcement to employers
- Solo HR pros: Seek a mentor to advance your career
- ICE cracks down on employers that hire illegals
- When technological change means jobs are changing too, document the training you offer