Although the managerial mistakes that have created HR headaches and triggered employee lawsuits are countless, here are the most common managerial moves at the heart of employers’ legal woes:
- policies and procedures
- the Act.
Take a look at our top 6 list, and the action advice and policy tips you can use to rein in managers and keep your company out of court.
Terminating without tact
Termination is an area ripe for potential legal liability. One reason why so many employees file complaints (and so many juries hand down large dollar awards): perceived unfair treatment. Although there is no way to prevent all post-termination litigation, you can certainly reduce the risk by training managers on how to terminate with tact and sensitivity.
While callous treatment during the termination process doesn't n...(register to read more)
- Obama signs COBRA subsidy extension; workers—and HR—breathe easier
- Bet on it: America's wackiest office pools
- Background-Checking firms: How to Sort out the Best from the Rest
- Authorize managers to act fast to remove offensive material from workplace
- 211,000 reasons to make age-blind employment decisions: Employee can sue for mental anguish