User-friendly org chart software: Any recommendations?

Question: "I need a user-friendly org chart software that will convert or copy easily to PowerPoint. Any suggestions?" — Alicia Vandgrift

See Comments Below

Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!

Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...

We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.

The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.

" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/15433/user-friendly-org-chart-software-any-recommendations "

Shalin October 3, 2013 at 4:30 am

I’m comfortable with this online org chart software where, its easy to use and keeps my diagrams online safe. Its any diagram ready tool. It is http://creately.com

Debra May 2, 2013 at 5:36 pm

We just bought Smart Draw 2013 and I love it for org charts and flow charts. I used to use Visio. Smart Draw is way easier. I also like their free cloud backup which lets me use it on my laptop or iPad.

Larry February 13, 2013 at 4:41 am

Please see http://www.OrgChartforVisio.com. This add-in for Visio 2010 and 2013 will allow import AND data refresh. Can handle very large data sets, import photos, dotted line managers, and data graphics.

Tracy January 19, 2013 at 11:56 pm

I also need a software to use excel data. I need to make charts showing real estate related market related trends.
I wonder if Visio can use database to generate charts.

Thanks
Tracy

Kris November 4, 2009 at 8:35 am

I wold LOVE to see your org chart, Sheri! I also use Viso and have around 115 employees and it’s on TWO legal sheets!

Nicole January 30, 2009 at 2:07 pm

2007 PowerPoint has advanced options for org charts now that make it so easy – you just type it in the sidebar with bullets and it formats it for you – I did away with the Visio since and its a format most users have.

Patti January 27, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Word has a basic Org chart that is easy to create and change.

Tool bar, choose Insert, Diagram, choose the chart

Michele January 23, 2009 at 5:08 pm

I use Viseo

Sheri January 23, 2009 at 4:29 pm

I just want to add that we have 117 employees on our org chart and they all fit comfortably on an 11×17 chart.

Teena January 23, 2009 at 4:16 pm

OrgPlus mentioned above is a great software for Org Charts.

Janet January 23, 2009 at 4:06 pm

I use Visio and have done org charts from the top tier executives down to the individuals within each department. You can learn it fairly easily. I import the visio file to my powerpoint presentation and word files. You can double click on the drawing and easily update it from within a slide or doc file.

Robin Chaffey January 23, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Do you use Microsoft Office 2007? Word 2007 contains the SmartArt feature under Insert/illustrations on the ribbon. An easy way to add an organizational chart to any document.

Erika January 23, 2009 at 3:52 pm

I also use Visio. You can easily insert the visio drawing into a powerpoint slide by Clicking on Insert, then click on Object and then select “Microsoft Office Visio Drawing.” You can then navigate to the saved file. Once the drawing is in the slide it is easy to update – you can just double click on the drawing and you can update it from within the slide.

Susan January 23, 2009 at 3:42 pm

I started using OrgPlus. It has many options, especially for large companies (even though we’re a small company). Some software can be tried on a trial basis, which is helpful. After we purchased OrgPlus, I did an on-line live demo which was helpful. You’d do best to review at least 3 different software programs and see what would work best for you. Good luck.

Carlyn in San Diego January 23, 2009 at 3:35 pm

I use Visio for all my org chart projects. When transferring to PowerPoint, I simply ‘Select All’, ‘Copy’, then ‘Paste as Special –> Picture’ into PowerPont slide with no issues.

HR Generalist in Ohio January 23, 2009 at 3:28 pm

SmartDraw is great it can also be exported to Excel, Word , PowerPoint and PDF. Its easy to use, has alot of templates.

Tammie in Atlanta January 23, 2009 at 3:18 pm

I’ve found that Visio works well and is fairly easy to learn. You can type your info (name, title, phone number, etc) in an Excel spreadsheet and it converts easily to an org chart. You can cut and paste the chart to Powerpoint (however, you won’t be able to edit it from Powerpoint). Sure wish Powerpoint would be improved so it would have a user-friendly org charting system again!

Christine January 23, 2009 at 3:15 pm

I use VISIO as well. It is a very easy program to learn. I’ve had no dificulties copying into PP, which we do often for corporate presentations.

gamehen January 23, 2009 at 3:15 pm

I use Visio software for my org charts. It has automatic as well as click and drag features. I have 6 departments and am able to get each department comfortably on their respective charts with room for title, manpower per position as well as salary. It also has great graphics for maps and I have created workspace with Visio as well. The workspace can be set up office space and cubicle space too. I strongly suggest it!

Sheri January 23, 2009 at 3:10 pm

I also use VISIO. It’s very easy to save to .jpg and then insert in PP. You can also print to .pdf.

Marketing January 23, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Smart Draw is user friendly and has pretty much a zero learning curve. I’m pretty sure you can convert to powerpoint, jpg, pdf, etc. It has a handful of user friendly templates too and is relatively a very inexpensive piece of software.

Freda January 23, 2009 at 2:54 pm

I use VISIO and learned it by trial-and-error. Haven’t copied into PP, but have into Word. Of course, revisions have to be made in VISIO, resaved, and then copied onto your doc. Hope this helps. :)