Eclipse Advantage, Inc.—a transportation, logistics and distributioncompany—has agreed to pay $60,000 to settle an EEOC racial harassment and retaliation lawsuit.
The EEOC complaint said Rodney Williams, a black employee, endured racial slurs, a demotion and termination at the company’s Aldi Food Service warehouse in Hinckley.
In addition to the monetary relief, the company agreed to train all management staff on employee rights and employer obligations under Title VII.
Note: Employers can’t afford racism. When employees face racial slurs and harassment, employers must intervene to stop it.
- Sodexo Laundry Services settles pregnancy discrimination lawsuit
- Meat packer, staffing firm settle with Muslim workers
- No automatic FMLA leave for employer-caused condition
- Boss seems to be seeking young 'dream team'? Be alert for possible age discrimination
- Leave as a disability accommodation: Are your policies compliant?