Eclipse Advantage, Inc.—a transportation, logistics and distributioncompany—has agreed to pay $60,000 to settle an EEOC racial harassment and retaliation lawsuit.
The EEOC complaint said Rodney Williams, a black employee, endured racial slurs, a demotion and termination at the company’s Aldi Food Service warehouse in Hinckley.
In addition to the monetary relief, the company agreed to train all management staff on employee rights and employer obligations under Title VII.
Note: Employers can’t afford racism. When employees face racial slurs and harassment, employers must intervene to stop it.
- GINA's effect on wellness programs
- Office love affair plus sales tips lead straight to court
- OK to treat similar rule violations differently--as long as you document your rationale
- One sex always does the dirty work? Be prepared to show that it's essential
- 'Youth movement' comment not enough to sink dealership's case