Wayne-based Crothall Healthcare will pay more than $88,000 to settle aclaim brought on behalf of an employee working in Arkansas.
According to the EEOC, Crothall fired a housekeeper at the Arkansas State Hospital in Little Rock after it discovered she was pregnant. That violated the.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Woman who wasn't pregnant wins pregnancy bias settlement
- Employment law by the numbers: Know which laws to ignore
- Rush to fire or demote pregnant employee often backfires
- Watch out! Firing employee who needs maternity leave may be sex discrimination