Here's a collection of creative employee benefits programs, excerpted from our Compensation & Benefits newsletter: 1. Expectant and new moms get help from co-worker "buddies." 2. Shopping-spree contest helps boost sales, morale. 3. Cash advances help workers dress for success. 4. Employee committees choose company wellness programs. 5. Company pays employees to leave their cars at home. 6. Deployed workers get full pay, benefits and care packages. 7. Medical firm picks reality TV star as its "wellness ambassador." 8. British firm pays for "Botox leave."
- The key is consistency: Make sure similar infractions are subject to similar punishment
- HR technology: Shortcuts to find the best vendors, products
- Don't cave in to IRS on conservation easements
- Calculating the time-worked threshold for FMLA eligibility
- No automatic FMLA leave for employer-caused condition