Q. We’ve started requiring employees to repay (through
A. If you mean that you’re deducting the training costs from the employees’ last paycheck, don’t do that without express written authorization from the employee.
Under the Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law, only certain deductions from pay are authorized. For any others, an employee must give written authorization.
Also, for , it is not legal to make deductions from pay that would effectively lower the employee’s compensation to less than the minimum wage.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Pennsylvania wage & hour law: Understand the new rules for 2007
- San Jose minimum wage increases to $10 per hour
- Study suggests widespread minimum wage violations in NY
- How does the state's civil union law affect employer-provided health benefits?