Q. We’ve started requiring employees to repay (through
A. If you mean that you’re deducting the training costs from the employees’ last paycheck, don’t do that without express written authorization from the employee.
Under the Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law, only certain deductions from pay are authorized. For any others, an employee must give written authorization.
Also, for , it is not legal to make deductions from pay that would effectively lower the employee’s compensation to less than the minimum wage.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Use tip credit for some pay? Beware requiring 'substantial' work that doesn't generate tips
- New laws, new rules: Equal pay emerges as hot issue to watch
- N.C. workers' compensation may cover injury-related depression
- State law prohibits dipping into employees' tip pool