Q. We’ve started requiring employees to repay (through
A. If you mean that you’re deducting the training costs from the employees’ last paycheck, don’t do that without express written authorization from the employee.
Under the Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law, only certain deductions from pay are authorized. For any others, an employee must give written authorization.
Also, for , it is not legal to make deductions from pay that would effectively lower the employee’s compensation to less than the minimum wage.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- It's legit to use differences in location and duties to justify varying pay scales
- In the wake of the recession, where wages grew the most
- Help employees save money through wellness programs
- Beware employee costs that bring wages below minimum