Q. We’ve started requiring employees to repay (through
A. If you mean that you’re deducting the training costs from the employees’ last paycheck, don’t do that without express written authorization from the employee.
Under the Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law, only certain deductions from pay are authorized. For any others, an employee must give written authorization.
Also, for , it is not legal to make deductions from pay that would effectively lower the employee’s compensation to less than the minimum wage.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Want to get bosses' attention on bias problems? Remind them they can be held personally liable
- Isolated comments on accent not enough to prove bias
- FLSA and Georgia law: Figuring overtime pay for commission employees
- DOL proposes income projections on retirement fund statements