• LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

Small Business Tax

Section 179 vehicles should be a key part of your small business tax deduction strategies. Can Section 179 property fit in with your business tax strategies?

Let Business Management Daily help you get each and every rental property depreciation credit and business tax deduction you’re entitled to.

Page 79 of 318« First...102030...787980...90100110...Last »
Don’t miss the first installment of “estimated taxes” for 2013. The deadline for the first quarter of 2013 is April 15. Strategy: Navigate the “safe harbor” rules in the law. Otherwise, you could be held liable for an underpayment penalty plus interest.
Don’t assume that you have to go along with the crowd on your 2012 tax return. Case in point: If you’re self-employed, you may qualify for a home office deduction if your home is your principal place of business or where you regularly meet or deal with customers, clients or patients in the normal course of business.

Under the American Taxpayer Relief Act (ATRA), the $125 monthly tax exclusion for employer-provided mass transit and vanpooling benefits has been hiked up to match the $240 monthly exclusion for parking fees, retroactive to Jan. 1, 2012. But ATRA didn’t explain how employers should handle this retroactive increase for the 2012 tax year. Now the IRS has issued valuable guidance to employers.

Q. I carried over a charitable deduction from 2011. Do I have to use it on my 2012 return?

If you haven’t filed your 2012 federal tax return yet, you may be scrambling to beat the April 15 deadline. In your haste, you could easily commit one of the blunders that often plague harried tax filers, or you might overlook certain tax breaks you’re legitimately entitled to. Here’s some advice for procrastinators.
Q. I haven’t seen any mention of an extension of favorable “basis” rules for estates. Was this in the new law?

The IRS is showing some additional leniency to firms that have misclassified workers as independent contractors for employment tax purposes.

You can swap one real estate property for another without paying any current federal income tax, as long you meet the requirements under Section 1031 of the tax code. Similarly, you can use the same technique to swap one life insurance policy tax-free for a comparable policy under Section 1035. But do you know that this tax law provision may also apply to different types of financial products?

According to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA), the IRS’ computer systems need some retooling.

Pamela Anderson, the "Baywatch" actress who recently participated on "Dancing with the Stars," can’t seem to wiggle out of tax trouble.

Page 79 of 318« First...102030...787980...90100110...Last »