Electronic HR & Business Records: Compliance and Best Practices Workshop
These days, more than 70% of company records are stored electronically. Those e-records can be your best legal friend … or your worst enemy.
You MUST be 100% confident that your organization is retaining email, text messages, personnel info and other electronic HR and business records in full compliance with the law.
Employers need to decipher a complex maze of federal and state rules for preserving … protecting … producing … and destroying their e-records. One mistake can result in painful audits and seven-figure fines. Could your organization survive a million-dollar penalty for electronic record mismanagement?
Join us on Tuesday, August 22, for Electronic HR & Business Records: Compliance and Best Practices Workshop. In this interactive webinar, nationally recognized recordkeeping expert Nancy Flynn, founder of The ePolicy Institute, will reveal a seven-step strategy for HR professionals to manage electronic business records in all industries. The workshop will cover topics including:
- Record Retention for HR Professionals: What You Need to Know
- How to ensure the effective, compliant management of electronic business records in seven steps
- Electronic vs. paper records: What HR professionals need to know
- How social media and mobile devices maximize record risks – and how to respond
- What courts & regulators demand when it comes to the retention & disposition of electronically stored information (ESI), HR documents and personnel records
- Records Management and E-Discovery
- Best practices for preserving, protecting & producing lawful ESI
- E-discovery: Courts demand prompt production of authentic, valid electronic evidence
- Electronic evidence: How to ensure electronic records are legally valid
- Effective E-Record Policies & Procedures
- How to write effective record retention policies – and "litigation hold" rules
- How to draft e-policies governing email, mobile devices, BYOD, social media, text messaging, the web and other electronic messaging tools
- Why you need to create – and consistently adhere to – e-deletion schedules
- Best Practices to Minimize Record Risks & Maximize Legal Compliance
- How to support record management with employee training
- Technology solutions to help shore up privacy violations & security breaches
- Timely information, expert advice, best practices & compliance tips
Don't leave the retention and disposition of your electronic HR documents and business records to chance. Compliance with the law and regulatory rules is mandatory. And thanks to smartphones and social media, organizations face growing pressure to preserve and protect email, personnel records and other ESI.
Join us on August 22 to learn the critical new rules on e-document collection, storage, retention and disposal. Get in compliance today!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonuses. Our first 50 registrants will receive two special bonuses. First, Personnel Records: What to Keep, What to Toss, our 17-page executive summary to help you reduce the clutter, streamline records retrieval and protect yourself in court. Plus, you'll receive The ePolicy Institute's popular white paper, Electronic Record Management: Compliant Record Retention Policies & Procedures in the Age of Email & Social Media.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of members-only access to Premium Plus Online – our comprehensive electronic information service. Premium Plus Online features updated HR news, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If this webinar fails to meet your needs, we will instantly refund your tuition, but your course materials, website access and registration bonuses are yours to keep.
CD Recording & Download: $197
Webinar, CD Recording & Download: $297
Since this is a webinar, you and your entire staff can attend in the comfort of your office or conference room for one low price! You may include as many people as you wish while listening on a single phone line or computer. Contact us for multi-site discounts.
About Your Speaker:
A recognized expert on workplace compliance and communication, Nancy Flynn is the founder and executive director of The ePolicy Institute and Business Writing Institute. She provides training and consulting services to clients seeking to minimize compliance risks and maximize communication skills. Nancy is an in-demand trainer and the author of 13 books including The ePolicy Toolkit, The Social Media Handbook and Writing Effective E-Mail. She also serves as an expert witness in litigation related to workplace email and web use. A popular news source, she has been quoted in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Time, Fortune and CNN.
Early Registration Bonuses:
Personnel Records: What to Keep, What to Toss is our popular executive summary that explains the rules for developing a lawsuit-proof records-retention policy for disciplinary documentation, performance evaluations, workplace investigations and medical data. You'll reduce the clutter, streamline record retrieval and protect yourself in court.
In addition, webinar attendees will receive the The ePolicy Institute's popular white paper, Electronic Record Management: Compliant Record Retention Policies & Procedures in the Age of Email & Social Media. The white paper provides a quick synopsis of the best practices in records management that Nancy Flynn has accumulated in her years leading The ePolicy Institute.
Extra Added Bonus:
You'll receive one month of unlimited access to Premium Plus Online – our comprehensive electronic information service at TheHRSpecialist.com. Premium Plus Online features online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
||The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
||Business Management Daily is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.