|Excel Pivot Tables:
Getting Your Data to Talk
Delivering all the business data everybody needs is just a lot of bits and bytes … until it gives you information you can actually use.
Pivot tables are the answer for extracting usable information from all that data. When Microsoft®
users hear the term "pivot tables," they usually run for the hills, believing that skill set is out of reach. Let us shatter that myth by showing you step-by-step:
- How to prepare your data for use in a pivot table
- The fastest method to create and modify a pivot table customized for your specific needs
- How to use report filter pages, calculated fields and other powerful pivot table features
- Easy, simple ways to chart and graph your data into pictures that are clear and easy to understand.
While this presentation will be shown from Excel 2007, all information will be applicable to Excel 2010 as well. (Some concepts of pivot tables will be transferrable to 2003, but the screens, tools and navigation are different.)
Join us April 11 for the newest webinar in our Office Technology Series, Excel Pivot Tables: Getting Your Data to Talk
. Our tech expert and Microsoft®
Certified Trainer Melissa Esquibel will teach you:
- Structuring data for use in pivot tables
- Working with the Office 2007 pivot table format
- Modifying pivot tables
- Creating pivot charts
- Advanced Features: Report Filter Pages, Calculated Fields, working with GETPIVOT
In just 75 minutes, learn how Excel Pivot Tables
can help you in your work:
- Why pivot tables?
- What are they used for?
- What cumbersome procedures can they replace?
- How do you know if your data will work?
- What kind of data can be pivoted?
- How can you clean up datasets, so you can pivot them?
- Crafting pivot table reports
- Formatted tables
- Interactivity: sorting and filtering
- Filter pages
- Totals and subtotals
- Validating data: Great tips for double-checking your analysis
- Automatic updating
- What happens when the data changes?
- Should you allow pivot tables to automatically update?
- Pivot charts
- Creating pivot charts in one keystroke
- Modifying charts
- The relationship between pivot charts and pivot tables
- Advanced Features
- Calculated Fields
You'll also be able to ask your pivot table questions directly to Melissa Esquibel, Microsoft®
Certified Trainer and editor of Office Technology Today
. And there is NO LIMIT to the number of colleagues who can join in at one site!
In about an hour, we’ll take you from “why a pivot table” all the way to advanced features, and show you how to do it all in Excel with pivot tables. You’ll have that data talking to you in no time. Join us April 11 for Excel Pivot Tables: Getting Your Data to Talk.
Editor, Administrative Professional Today
P.S. Registration Bonus: Sign up for Excel Pivot Tables: Getting Your Data to Talk and we’ll send you Microsoft Excel: Time-Savers for Every Skill Level Executive Summary. Avoid the pitfalls of Excel and get the most out of this program. No matter what your skill level is, Excel can save you time and increase your productivity. This Executive Summary is a combination of not one, but TWO training events led by Microsoft® Certified Trainer Melissa Esquibel.
P.P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If you decide that Excel Pivot Tables: Getting Your Data to Talk isn’t all we’ve promised and more, we will refund 100% of your tuition. No questions asked—and your course materials and registration bonus are yours to keep.
|Date: Wednesday, April 11
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. ET
|Early Registration Bonus:
Sign up for Excel Pivot Tables: Getting Your Data to Talk and we’ll send you Microsoft Excel: Time-Savers for Every Skill Level Executive Summary. Avoid the pitfalls of Excel and get the most out of this program. No matter what your skill level is, Excel can save you time and increase your productivity. This Executive Summary is a combination of not one, but TWO training events led by Microsoft® Certified Trainer Melissa Esquibel.
|About the Speaker:
Melissa Esquibel is a Microsoft® Certified Trainer. She combines her 25+ years' experience in information technology with a background in training, technical writing and business risk analysis. Her goal is to help you understand the amazing workflow benefits of Microsoft® Excel®.
|Who Should Attend:
- Administrative professionals
- HR professionals
- Supervisors and managers
- Office managers
- Business owners
Since this is a webinar, you and your entire staff can attend in the comfort of your office or conference room for one low price! You may include as many people as you wish while listening on a single phone line.