Does your company have a mentoring program? About 70% of Fortune 500 companies do.
Even if you don’t have a formal way to seek out a mentor, consider doing the legwork to find one on your own. With layoffs throughout corporate America, one of the best ways to nurture your career is through a mentor, especially if you’re a young professional.
“Without as many opportunities ... mentoring becomes a more strategic avenue for career development,” says Beth Carvin, CEO and president of Nobscot Corp., a retention- consulting firm.
— Adapted from “Finding Anchors in the Storm: Mentors,” The Wall Street Journal.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Screening candidates: To Google or not to Google?
- Working-conditions study presents compliance tune-up opportunity
- When employee returns from FMLA leave, ensure position is truly equivalent to former job
- Career planning can help boost staff's motivation