The number of Americans receiving unemployment benefits jumped to 5 million last month, an all-time high. The result: Desperate people are applying to anything that resembles a job, and HR pros are forced to sift through hundreds more (often unqualified) résumés and applications than normal.
As Pete Ronza, an HR manager at a Minnesota college told CNN, “We could write the ad in Russian and it wouldn’t matter.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What must we do to accommodate a nursing mother in our workplace?
- Harassment: How to stop it before--and after--it starts
- Allow accusers to bypass supervisor to file complaints
- Can we compel a former employee to update LinkedIn to show she no longer works here?