At least 40% of organizations are likely to freeze or change their pension benefits because of the recession, a new poll reveals.
Changes could include: buying longer-duration bonds; increasing the funds’ fixed-income allocations; or adding investments such as swap overlays to their pension funds.
Authors of the survey by HR consulting firm Aon Corp. advise all employers to review their investments to determine whether changes would minimize their financial risk.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't blow an opportunity
- Third state bars access to staff Facebook passwords
- Can we terminate worker to keep domestic violence from spilling over into our workplace?
- Track discipline to ensure equal treatment for equal offenses, regardless of protected class