Congress has changed the deadline for providing copy B of certain 2008 information returns. (P.L. 110-343) The new due date is Tuesday, Feb.17, 2009, instead of Feb. 2, 2009, as reported in the IRS instructions.
The change applies to the following forms:
- Form 1099-B (Proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions)
- Form 1099-S (Proceeds From Real Estate Transactions)
- Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income), but only if substitute payments in lieu of dividends and tax-exempt interest or payments to attorneys are reported
Tip: The Feb. 2, 2009, due date continues to apply to copy B of other 1099s.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Raymond James sued for discrimination, published denial
- Supreme Court Opens the Door to More Race-Based Retaliation Lawsuits
- Chronic illness isn't always a qualifying disability
- DOL replaces opinion letters with new 'administrator interpretations'